Solar + Storage
- Energy storage can smooth electricity prices through arbitrage, manage evening energy ramps, mitigate the risk of curtailment, provide black start capability, and backup power.
- Storage is critical when one considers the disparity between production and consumption of energy in a power system
- Storage aims to reduce operations downtime by instantly switching over to stored power, enhancing overall plant performance.
- India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) estimates the Indian energy storage market to reach 16,445MW by 2020 and further up to 70 GW by 2022
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) have opened doors to grid-tied energy storage deployment for ancillary services and renewable energy integration in India